Design and delivery of diver workstation control cabin and HPU
Bespoke hydraulic equipment that meets your exacting requirements is essential to optimise operational performance and ensure safety.
- Delivery of bespoke equipment that met all requirements
- Experts to support quick and efficient installation and commissioning
- Confidence that critical spare parts are immediately available when required.
As part of the installation of a diver workstation on their vessel our client contracted us to design, manufacture and deliver a control cabin to allow operation of two a-frame and umbilical winches, and a 45/54kw safe area hydraulic power unit (HPU) to supply power to the workstation.
- Specific client requirements analysed and bespoke design applied to ensure the equipment was fit for purpose
- Fire retardant GRP control cabin designed with carbon steel frame, forklift pockets and pad eyes complete with sling-set for lifting and fitted out with remote hydraulic and pneumatic directional control valves, 110V power supply and heater
- With limited space available for the HPU, the internal layout was designed to ensure there was sufficient space for the HPU components and to allow access for future maintenance activities
- Suitable for use in a safe area the self-contained HPU was designed with a stainless steel hydraulic reservoir of 625 litres nominal capacity and a 45/54kW electric motor driven pump-set
- We carried out full assembly, installation, commissioning and testing onshore which was witnessed by the client before delivery
- A complete five year critical spares parts packages was supplied to ensure the immediate availability in the event of a failure
- The HPU frame was designed in accordance with the following standards:
- DNV Standard for Certification No. 2.7-1 Offshore Containers April 2006
- British Standard for Offshore Containers and associated Lifting Sets BS EN 12079-1:2006 (Part 1: Offshore Containers – Design, Manufacture and Marking)
- British Standard for Offshore Containers and associated Lifting Sets BS EN 12079-2:2006 (Part 2: Lifting Sets – Design, Manufacture and Marking).
- Design and engineering
- Management of fabrication
- Project management.