Sparrows Group’s multi-disciplined design team have a wealth of experience working to industry recognised design codes and practices.
Whether we are responding to a reactive breakdown, planning an equipment change out, managing structural design, a subsea lift or crane fatigue analysis we have the capability and experience to deliver valuable solutions.
When you have a technical challenge to solve, we can support you to find an innovative and efficient solution.
Our design team provide a range of services:
- Mechanical, structural, hydraulic and electrical design
- Technical consulting, working directly with clients to resolve issues
- Bespoke lifting and mechanical handling equipment design including:
- Jacking and skidding systems
- Custom made lifting accessories
- Spreader beams / lifting frames
- Runway beams / lifting davits
- Custom made containers and transportation frames
- Design and specification of load testing equipment procedures
- Design of temporary or permanent load bearing structures
- FEED studies (covering complete asset mechanical handling work scopes)
- Full detailed designs (packages including analysis reports and full product drawings)
- Structural integrity analysis of existing machinery in changing circumstances (e.g. damage analysis such as corrosion or cracking, failure investigations and fatigue studies)
- Life extension assessments
- Modifying and upgrading equipment
- Lifting plan preparation or third party review and endorsement
- 3D animations to enhance project planning
- Offshore surveys (dimensional data gathering capability from 3D laser scanning and rope access trained technicians)